Traveling to Cortijo Llano de Manzano, Spain
Cortijo Llano de Manzano is situated on the southern slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountains in the south of Spain, in an area known as Las Alpujarras. The nearest small village is Cañar (1.7 km), the nearest small town is Órgiva (9.7 km), and the nearest main city is Granada (61km).
The GPS reference of Cañar is 36.927018, -3.428124 (+36° 55' 37.26", -3° 25' 41.25"). The village is indicated by the red marker in the map below.
Local Directions from Órgiva or Lanjarón
Take the Lanjarón road out of Órgiva. Cross the bridge and take the first major turn on the right (A-4102, signposted Pampaneira, Bubión, Trevélez etc.) After approximately 2 kilometres, take the left turn clearly marked to Cañar (GR-4201).
Climb the hill to Cañar. As you come in to the village there is a bar called Café Bar Piki directly in front of you. Take the turn to your extreme left and follow this mountain road for 1.7 kilometres exactly (passing black wrought-iron gates on the left). At this point take the left turn and continue to the end of the track.
Cortijo Llano de Manzano is the property to your left. If you get lost, please phone us on our mobile (0034) 680 741 108. The distance from Órgiva is just under 9.7 km, and the journey takes about 15 minutes.
Flying in: The Major Airports
There are at least four airports within reasonable traveling distance of where we are, but the best served is undoubtedly Málaga:
- Approx 2.0 hrs drive. See directions below.
A wide range of Airlines, including: Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Air Europa, Air France, American Airlines, Austrian Airline, Blue Air, Bmibaby, British Airways, Brussels Airline, Continental Airlines, Easyjet, Flybe, Iberia, JetairFly, Lufthansa, Luxair, MALEV, Monarch, Ryanair, SAS, Spanair, Swiss Air, TAP, Thomson, US Airways, Vueling etc
- Approx 1.0 hrs drive. See directions below.
Few Airlines: Iberia, Spanair, Vueling Airlines
- Approx 2.5 hrs drive.
Airlines include: Air Berlin, Air France, EasyJet, JetairFly, Luxair, Monarch, Ryanair, Transavia
- Approx 3.75 hrs drive.
Airlines include: Air Berlin, Air Europa, Air France, American Airlines, Austrian Airlines, BMI, Brussels Airlines, Iberia, Lufthansa, Ryanair, Spanair, US Airways, Vueling Airlines etc
Traveling within Spain
By Car/Taxi: All the airports have a selection of car hire firms, including budget car hire (simply "google" them). There are local taxi services available in and around Órgiva but you need to pre-book them, including:
Juan Funes +34 619 957 817 (Spanish only, charges approximately 15 euros to Cañar from Órgiva)
Gallegos +34 958 766 005 (they are based further away in Pitres and so are more expensive but are a good reliable firm)
By Train: The nearest train station is at Granada. Full information is available on the RENFE website. You can get to the nearby village of Órgiva by bus from Granada (see below).
By Bus: The public bus system is good and is very cheap, although in the mountains the services are not frequent. The nearest stop is in Órgiva village. Full information is available on the ALSA website. Pay particular attention to booking conditions. From Órgiva you would then need to hire a car, or take a taxi (see above) - the journey is about 15 minutes.
start of page
Travel Directions from Málaga Airport
These directions are approximate because the new coastal motorway is still being completed. You can download these directions as a Word document, including local directions. The total distance is about 140 km, travel time 2 hours approximately.
- Leaving the airport, follow signs to MÁLAGA. After the first roundabout just outside the airport, take the elevated section (left hand lane) direction MÁLAGA.
- Join a two-lane road and stay in the right-hand lane. Take the right hand lane to MOTRIL, which crosses a bridge over the motorway, and then join the E-15 / A7 motorway to ALMERÍA, CÓRDOBA, GRANADA and SEVILLA.
- Stay on the E-15 / A-7 motorway as it by-passes Málaga city and follow signs for MOTRIL / ALMERÍA, staying in the centre or left-hand lane (and avoiding the turn off to Granada, Sevilla and Córdoba).
- After some 100km on the A-7 / E15 motorway, this motorway merges into the E-902 / A-44, heading north for GRANADA. Some 6 km further on (106 km in total), take Exit 175 signed for ÓRGIVA / LAS ALPUJARRAS.
- When you come off the motorway, you will veer to the left, pass under the motorway and immediately arrive at a roundabout. Go straight across, taking the turning to VÉLEZ DE BENAUDALLA / ÓRGIVA / LAS ALPUJARRAS on the A346. You will drive down the hill a short way and come to another roundabout, where you should take the first exit off, onto the A346 for ÓRGIVA and LAS ALPUJARRAS.
- Take this road (A346) past the dam & lake and follow this bendy road for about 15 km along the south side of the river until you come to a short tunnel. Immediately after passing through a short tunnel, turn left (direction ÓRGIVA) on the A348. Two kilometres further on you will arrive in Órgiva.
- Drive through Órgiva, bearing left at the restored Palace in the centre, cross the bridge out of town, then 350 metres beyond, turn right (direction CAPILEIRA/TREVÉLEZ on the A-4132). Drive up the winding mountain road and follow the local directions.
start of page
Travel Directions from Granada Airport
You can download these directions as a Word document, including local directions. The total distance is about 78 km, travel time 1.25 hours approximately.
- Leaving the airport, follow signs to GRANADA. The exit road from the airport will take you on to the A92 motorway, direction GRANADA/MURCIA.
- Almost immediately, after just 450 metres, turn off the motorway at Exit 230, direction SANTA FE, GRANADA, SIERRA NEVADA. Keep following direction Granada (do not turn off at signs to Santa Fe / La Málaha). You will shortly join the A92G dual carriageway to Granada. Continue on this main road for 9-10 km, passing through the small town of Santa Fe.
- When you approach Granada you will see a large blue sign CIRCUNVALACIÓN DE GRANADA, E902/A44 MOTRIL, SIERRA NEVADA, JAÉN. After 500 metres, you will reach a major roundabout. Get into the right-most of the four lanes just before the roundabout to turn right onto the CIRCUNVALACÍON, direction MOTRIL.
- Continue on this motorway, A44 E902 (which by-passes the city) heading south (direction MOTRIL) for approx 38 km. You will pass by the towns of Padul, Durcal and Lecrín along the way.
- Turn off on to the A348 (direction LANJARÓN, LAS ALPUJARRAS). Follow this bendy road for 17 km, passing through Lanjarón, almost to ÓRGIVA.
- Just before you reach Órgiva, turn left (direction CAPILEIRA/TREVÉLEZ on the A-4132). Drive up the winding mountain road and follow the local directions.
Within easy reach of Cortijo Llano de Manzano you can find a plentiful choice of accommodation—either rural, in the nearby village of Cañar (1.7 km), or in the nearby town of Órgiva (9.7 km). Prices start from very reasonable to more expensive, reflecting the facilities on offer. Choose from basic to luxurious and between full hotel services and bed and breakfast, or self-catering.
We suggest you check these links to see what suits you: